What is Crew?
The Saline High School Crew Club is a club sport for both men and women. The club was founded in 2004 and is managed by a board of directors, comprised of parents, coaches and team captains.
We have two competitive rowing seasons: Fall and Spring. The Fall season consists of longer races (like cross country) and the Spring is Sprint Season (like track). Most new rowers join in the Fall to get experience, learn to row, and prepare for the head to head competition in the Spring. The team is self-funded in part by the parents, the student-rowers themselves, external support, and fundraisers such as the Great Gatsby Regatta. Although this is a club team, the team rows against varsity teams of other high schools and rowers can earn their Varsity letter. The club does not have cuts, and no prior rowing experience or knowledge is expected.
How to Join
Click here if you are interested in joining the team. You will be glad you did!
Rower's Top 10 Reasons To Join Crew
10. Crew tans are really cooool.
9. It's one sport that you can do sitting down, going backwards.
8. You'll have a new love for water...no matter how cold it is.
7. It's a total body workout that will get you in shape for bikini weather (Speedo for the guys).
6. Its the only sport that started as a punishment.
5. Practice is on a beautiful lake.
4. You learn how to take care of blisters.
3. You get to catch "crabs". (might even catch a rare one - as seen in the photo to the right)
2. Next time you ride in any kind of boat, you can babble on and on using technical boat terms and people will think you're an accomplished seaman.
1. Being in a crew race is the same as having 8 people run a 7 minute 2k -- in step!